sub header

"The World is a book and those who do not travel, read only a page." -St. Augustine

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Tale of a Travel Bug in Training


I’m a writer.  It’s in my blood and cannot be removed.  And while most of my writing is heavy with deep rooted emotion and meaning, sometimes, I want to write something light and airy and funny.  I feel the best way to write that way is through documenting my travel and random fun, local journeys, because, as most of my friends will tell you, I’m “the girl with a story”.  Always.  I always have one.  After all, I’m Irish.  That too is in my blood and cannot be changed.  And quite frankly, I wouldn’t want my blood any other way.
 
I have wanted to start a travel blog for a while. The problem was I didn't travel enough to warrant one. It was not for lack of wanting to travel. I'm always dreaming of some place far away (or even close by) where I want to go, but rather for lack of funding. There is always a bill to pay!

 But I realized something, traveling doesn't have to be expensive or lavish. It can be simple and on a budget. And I don't need to always travel far away to experience new places; there are places close to home I've wanted to visit.  So I’ve decided to document my itineraries…local and far, lavish and simple, new and old favorites.  If I am to enjoy this life, I want to experience all it has to offer.  And I cannot wait to paint my traveling words and photos all over this blog!  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment